Ian Irvine's latest and probably last (and definitely the best) book trailer,
for his three ecothrillers has been posted on youtube.
If anyone's wondering what it takes to put together a decent trailer, here's
- Picture research, approx 24 hours. They're all public domain images, ie free for any use. To buy from photo libraries would be at least $1500.
- Music research, about 6 hours in royalty-free music sites. Limited licence cost about $50.
- Font research, 2 hrs. Fonts, $20.
- Writing the script: about 15 hours getting the words right, and considering there's only a few hundred of them, that's a lot of work per word, but worth every penny.
- Misc time viewing prelims, troubleshooting etc, at least 6 hours.
- Ian's son putting it together in Premiere: 10.5 hours.
Is it worth it as a book promo investment? Good question. Ian'll let you know in due course.