Check out the changes to the Aurealis submission guidelines. The two main changes are:
- We’re now open to submissions in English from anywhere in the multiverse.
- We now have two reading periods: 1 February—31 May and 1 August—31 October.
Some of the things that haven’t changed:
- We’re still looking for science fiction, fantasy or horror short stories between 2000 and 8000 words.
- Subscribers are still fast-tracked through the assessment process.
- We still don’t publish reprints, poetry or novel extracts, and we don’t serialise longer works.
It’s not too late to apply to be a Reader for Aurealis magazine. We are looking to expand our team of Readers. If you love science fiction, fantasy and/or horror, feel you have a discerning eye for a good story, and would like to read and assess short story submissions to Aurealis, please contact our Submissions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest by 31 January 2016. Please include the titles of the three novels you last read, plus the titles of your favourite novel and your favourite short story and why they are your favourites in 50-100 words.