What if an army of Spanish conquistadors, the most brutally effective conquerors in history, found their way into a truly new world beyond the New World of the Americas? Conquist tells the story of Captain Cristóbal de Varga whose drive for glory and power leads him to a place from which he can’t escape and a people he can’t conquer. Caught in a war between two eternal enemies that seem at first to be angels and demons, he must choose sides. When he loses everything he holds dear – his command, his Incan princess, his honor, his God – he needs to find a path to redemption by conquering his obsessions.
This time they’ve found a New World that refuses to be conquered.
- Finalist, Creative World Awards (2020)
- Finalist, Script Summit (2020)
- Semifinalist Screencraft Horror Competition (2020)
- Finalist Cinequest Film & Creativity Festival (2019)
- Finalist Byron Bay Film Festival (2018)
“You have the proof right in your hands, this man can write!… Strasser is a master… enjoy and behold what the fuss is all about.”
– Jack Dann, Nebula and World Fantasy Award-winning author and editor